How the Ignite Cohort Works
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Up to 10 companies will be selected from online applications to participate in the next scheduled Ignite Cohort event – taking place every 6 months. Those selected will each demo their company or product to a Selection Committee during a five-minute (maximum) pitch at the next Ignite Cohort event for the opportunity to receive one of two $2,000 investments, a six-month free incubation at Ignite Labs, mentorship and advisement from Ignite and partner organizations.
- Are based in Atlantic Canada
- Have an ambitious idea or product
- Be an early-stage startup
- Have not received previous investment
- Can be from any industry sector
The next Ignite Cohort event will take place January 2019. Applications for the next Cohort are now open.
Schedule for Selecting Companies is as follows:
- Applications open – November 13, 2018
- Applications close – December 15, 2018
- Company review and selection process – December 15 to December 20, 2018
- Successful applicants contacted – December 21, 2018
- Ignite Pitch Prep Training – January 7, 2019
- Ignite Cohort Pitch Event – January 10, 2019