RURAL NOVA SCOTIA
Tourism Innovation Pitch Competition
The Rural Nova Scotia Tourism Innovation Pitch Competition provides an opportunity for entrepreneurs living in rural Nova Scotia to showcase their innovative ideas for new tourism ventures. The competition will consist of four regional pitch sessions, where finalists will have a chance to present their ideas to a panel of judges and compete for a spot in the final round. The winners of each regional pitch session will then move on to present their ideas at the Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia (TIANS) Annual Summit in hopes of securing funding and support.
Regional Pitch Competition
TIANS Annual Summit Pitch Competition
- Founders must be Nova Scotia residents.
- Must be offered in a rural area of Nova Scotia, outside of Metro Halifax.
- Must be a new offering or product, not offered prior to January 1, 2023.
- Can be in concept phase.
- Company can be long standing, but product or offering must be new.
- Product or offering must relate to the tourism industry.
- Participants must be able to attend the regional and final pitch session in person.
Cash Prizes include:
- Regional First Place Winners : $1,000 each (for a total of $4,000)
- Final Round First Place Winner: TBD
In addition, there are non-cash prizes for the winners provided by partner organizations listed below:
- 1 Year Residency at IGNITE Atlantic (value of $1,380)
- One-hour individual coaching session with advisors from Tourism Nova Scotia
Note: non-cash prizes are subject to change
The following criteria will be used for the judging of the regional pitch competitions, each participant will have up to 5 minutes maximum to pitch their idea and then there will be time for Q & A afterwards:
- Innovation and Creativity
- Value Proposition
- Competitive Advantage
- Financial Projections and Viability
- Pitch Presentation and Communication
Subscribe & Connect
Subscribe to the IGNITE Atlantic Newsletter and stay up-to-date on all the awesome programming, events and news from the IGNITE Atlantic Team.